For most, buying or selling a home is a big decision fraught with many unforeseeable twists, turns and even the occasional pitfall. A good notary helps you navigate this journey and is there for their clients when they have questions, concerns and issues regarding the sale/purchase.
As your notary, I:
- Review the initial sale/purchase document ensuring it is in order and that you are fully briefed on its contents and details;
- Conduct a title search to confirm legal ownership of the property, ensuring that it is being sold by the rightful owner;
- Review the certificate of location to ensure that municipal and zoning regulations have been respected;
- Administer funds in a trust, releasing them only upon the publication of the sale;
- Prepare and execute the Deed of Sale and all other necessary documents regarding the transaction.